Forum for National Committees
Spotlight on young professionals
- The 15th International Winter Road Congress in Gdańsk: A sneak preview of paper content - Didier Giloppé
- Managing the Risk of Avalanches on the Road - Andrés Olloqui
- Use of the Pikalert® System in the Wyoming Department of Transportation Connected Vehicle Pilot Deployment - Amanda Siems-Anderson, Gerry Wiener, Thomas Brummet, Seth Linden, William Petzke, Padhrig McCarthy, Vince Garcia Ali Ragan, Tony English, Deepak Gopalakrishna, Eva Hsu
- Climate Change and Adaptation Needs for Road Infrastructure in Indian Himalayan Region - Indranil Bose, Aditi Paul
- A Winter Maintenance Manual for the Finnish Transportation Agency - Juha Äijö, Jarkko Pirinen
- Measuring Sustainability in Winter Service Operations - Wilfrid A. Nixon, Richard Mark DeVries
- A Technical Description of LARS and Lumi: Two Apparatus for Studying Tire-Pavement Interactions - Henri Giudici, Mathis Dahl Fenre, Alex Klein-Paste, Katja-Pauliina Rekilä
Welcome to Gdańsk! Witamy w Gdańsku!
Severe weather conditions and winter's unpredictability always pose a challenge for road administrations to keep the national road network safe and serviceable. Crucial elements to a successful winter road management lie within establishing effective communication, proper crises management procedures, flexibility and coordination. Along with this, road administrators need to take care of snow removal and hauling, dumping sites and contractors' monitoring. All actions, whether within city limits or rural areas, need to take into consideration the environmental aspect and the impact of climate change.