Spotlight on Young Professionals
Forum for National Committees
- Introduction to the Special Edition on Road Tunnels - Ingo Kaundinya
- Tunnels of the Future - 2030 Objective - Rafael López Guarga
- Towards more Sustainable Road Tunnels in Australia and New Zealand: Recommendations for Practitioners - Nigel Lloyd, Les Louis, Georgia O’Connor, Tony Peglas, Michael Tziotis, Dr Richard Yeo, Dr Simon Xue
- Tunnel Design for Improving the Environmental Conditions in the Surrounding Area - Juan Manuel Sanz Sacristán
- Limiting Nuisance for Traffic During the Refurbishment of the Heinenoord Tunnel in the Netherlands - In Search of Resilience Possibilities - Ronald Mante,
- Quantitative Risk Assessment Approaches for New Vehicle Propulsion Energy Carriers in Road Tunnels - Patrik Fößleitner, Oliver Heger, Bernhard Kohl, Anne Lehan
- Alternative Energy Vehicles (AEV) in the Somport Tunnel - Óscar Aguarta Nasarre, Daniel Fernández Morlans, Emilio Leo Ferrando, Nuria Romeo Girón, Antoine Ruiz
- KITT – Artificial Intelligence to Improve the Safety of Tunnels and Tunnel Control Centres - Harald Kammerer, Bernhard Klampfer, Anne Lehan, Hendrik Wahl
- The Complex Nature of Operating a Large Infrastructure - Antonio Jesús Tocino de la Iglesia
- Maintenance and Traffic Operation of Heavily Trafficked (Urban) Road Tunnels - Camille Jamet, Arthur Kabuya, Urs Welte
- Conclusions of the 2nd International Conference on Road Tunnel Operations and Safety and of the VIII Spanish Tunnels Symposium of the Technical Road Association (ATC) - Rafael Sánchez Tostón
A word from the President
The focus in the first quarter of 2023 has been on the future of PIARC, namely its next work cycle 2024-2027. First of all, it was a pleasure that we could convene our second so-called - midterm - meeting in-person in Bilbao, the previous one being held on-line. Our sincere thanks to our Spanish hosts for their generous hospitality and warm reception.
It was heartening to see the presence of most chairs and secretaries of our technical committees and task forces attended the event, drawing a balance of the now almost completed 2020-2023 cycle and the achievements of their committees, and setting guidelines for their successors of the next cycle.