Forum for National Committees
Spolight on young professionals
- US expériences with asset management: adapting to extreme events and associated risks - Julius Wlaschin
- Disaster management for Tokyo inland earthquakes in Japan - Toshiharu Yoshida, Keiichi Tamura, Hiroaki Miyatake
- Experience regarding traffic management in relation with London Olympic Games 2012 - Justin Ward
- Lessons in managing emergency situations learned from various disaster experiences - Yukio Adachi, Maarten Blomme
- Risk and emergency management as a basis for road intelligent transportation systems (ITS) planning and operation - Enrique Belda Esplugues, Pedro Tomás Martínez, Ioannis Benekos
- Application of risk assessment as tool for road tunnel safety management - Bernhard Kohl, Tineke Wiersma, Guillermo Llopis Serrano
- An innovative training for road operations - Pierre Charcellay
- Traffic control centers - organization and role in traffic risk and incident reduction - Athanasios Saramourtsis, Athanasios Tsantsanoglou, Evangelos Viskos, Ioannis Benekos
- Tunnel classification according to ADR dangerous goods transport network modification in Gipuzkoa - Iulen Iturrizaga López, Jesús Sancho Cebrián, Javier Borja López
Experience regarding traffic management in relation with London Olympic Games 2012
Illustrations: ORN installation and Games lanes © Transport for London (Tfl)
Despite concern around transport and security, the international press coverage following the London 2012 Olympics was resounding in its praise for one of, if not the most successful Games ever.
Due to an exhaustive process of transport planning supported with an army of volunteers directing people; delegates, the Games family and spectators were able to get to the venues without disruption. The success of the Games lifted the spirit of the country and also the confidence of one of its key delivery bodies - Transport for London (TfL). TfL was heavily involved with the planning leading up to the Games, and the operations during them, and is still looking to learn the lessons of the Games.