Forum for National Committees
Spolight on young professionals
- US expériences with asset management: adapting to extreme events and associated risks - Julius Wlaschin
- Disaster management for Tokyo inland earthquakes in Japan - Toshiharu Yoshida, Keiichi Tamura, Hiroaki Miyatake
- Experience regarding traffic management in relation with London Olympic Games 2012 - Justin Ward
- Lessons in managing emergency situations learned from various disaster experiences - Yukio Adachi, Maarten Blomme
- Risk and emergency management as a basis for road intelligent transportation systems (ITS) planning and operation - Enrique Belda Esplugues, Pedro Tomás Martínez, Ioannis Benekos
- Application of risk assessment as tool for road tunnel safety management - Bernhard Kohl, Tineke Wiersma, Guillermo Llopis Serrano
- An innovative training for road operations - Pierre Charcellay
- Traffic control centers - organization and role in traffic risk and incident reduction - Athanasios Saramourtsis, Athanasios Tsantsanoglou, Evangelos Viskos, Ioannis Benekos
- Tunnel classification according to ADR dangerous goods transport network modification in Gipuzkoa - Iulen Iturrizaga López, Jesús Sancho Cebrián, Javier Borja López
Spotlight on young professionals
Matías A. Valenzuela Saavedra (Chile)
Illustrations - Golden Gate Bridge (California, United States); Bridge over the Chamiza River (Chile). These photographs originate from the Chiloé Bridge project, on which the author collaborated, along with the Road Administrations of various countries (Denmark, Norway, the United States among others).
Matías A. Valenzuela Saavedra, 32 years old, Certified Civil Engineer, is Deputy Public Works Inspector with the Roads Directorate at Chile's Public Works Ministry in Santiago. Matias is this issue's featured young professional.