Forum for National Committees
Spotlight on young professionals
- Improving Urban Mobility in Emerging Countries - David Ménascé, Maureen Ravily
- The medium-term strategy to realize multi-modal mobility in Tokyo metropolitan region - Takashi YAJIMA
- Infrastructure of transportation systems in metropolitan area of Buenos Aires - Olga Vicente, Oscar Fariña
- Mobility issues in large urban areas: Paris metropolitan area - André Broto, Julien Villalongue
- Supporting road management and operations through ITS - The experience of ANAS S.p.A. (Italy) - Pierluigi De Marinis, Michele Adiletta
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT): a concept also popular on urban motorways - François Rambaud
- Cycling and pedestrian policies in cities and metropolitan areas worldwide - Lluís Alegre, Francesc Carbonell
- Regional transport and urban design concept of Greater Berne as a trigger - Urs GLOOR
The medium-term strategy to realize multi-modal mobility in Tokyo Metropolitan Region (TMR)
"Coordinated Strategy between Rail and Suburban Development"
In Tokyo the pattern of land use densities follows the pattern of main mass transit networks, and thus, multi-modal urban mobility has been realized at a substantial degree. This is due to a medium-term strategy of coordinated planning and finance between rail transit network development and suburban development.