Forum for National Committees
Spotlight on young professionals
- Large road bridges : risk analysis and monitoring - Thierry Kretz
- Roads crisscrossing their way through culture, nature and technical progress - Part 2 Europe's tree-lined avenues - Chantal Pradlines
- Road safety and tree-lined avenues - The experience from West-Berlin and Eastern Germany - Hans-Joachim Vollpracht
- The ITA committee on operational safety of underground facilities (COSUF): five years of activity and cooperation with PIARC - Didier Lacroix
- Risk evaluation for road tunnels - Gary Clark, Bernard Kohl
- Security and safety of road tunnels and other critical infrastructures - Ahmed Kashef
- Korea's first underground double decker road for light vehicles - Hur In, Kim Seok-Chul
- Life cycle aspects of electrical road tunnel equipment - Urs Welte
- A comparison of environmental impacts of hot and warm mix asphalt - Agnès Jullien, Yvan Baudru, Philippe Tamagny, François Olard, Daniel Zavan
Large road bridges : risk analysis and monitoring
Large road bridges are very expensive assets which require monitoring in order to assess and mitigate the risks and to ensure the very long life span for which they are designed. Risk analysis and monitoring of their condition are now an integral component in the management of large bridges.
This article outlines the findings of a survey carried out by Technical Committee D.3'Road bridges'. The survey target group was owners and managers of large bridges.