Forum for National Committees
Spolight on young professionals
- The Andorra 2014 Congress: A resounding success for the country and the entire Pyrenees region - David Palmitjavila
- General report of the 14th International Winter Road Congress held in Andorra - Didier Giloppé, Ignacio del Rey, Satoshi Kashima, Pierre Gilles, Thanks to all session chairs and co-chairs for their valuable assitance in finalizing this general report.
Feature Rural roads
- Stormwater drainage techniques for unpaved roads in Mali - Cheick Oumar Diallo
- Improvement of rural access - Moroccan experience - Mohammed Bejrhit
- Managing rural road planning, maintenance and improvements in Benin - Isséré Joseph Dossou
- Maintenance strategies designed for Mali's rural road network - Dramane Diallo
- Optimal use of marginal materials in accordance with Spain's PG-3 standard - Álvaro Parrilla Alcaide, Áurea Perucho Martínez,
- A capital pavement preservation program for rural roads - The experience in Mohave County (USA) - Steven P. Latoski
- Chile's program dedicated to basic roads - Mario Anguita Medel, Claudio Aravena Ríos
- Study of technical solutions dedicated to maintaining el Salvador's unpaved road network - Edith Lorena Córdova Nativí, Marlon Orlando Cárcamo Reyes, Víctor Iván Orellana López
Chile's program dedicated to basic roads - Promoting sustainable maintenance of the country's rural road networks
Illustrations © Department of roads of Chile
Chile's road network encompasses approximately 80,000 km, of which only 17,000 km are paved, due to the high cost of surfacing. Of the remaining 63,000 km, the most heavily traveled are gradually being paved, as resources become available and projects demonstrate profitability, provided compliance with conditions specified by the Social Development Ministry.