Forum for National Committees
Spolight on young professionals
- The Andorra 2014 Congress: A resounding success for the country and the entire Pyrenees region - David Palmitjavila
- General report of the 14th International Winter Road Congress held in Andorra - Didier Giloppé, Ignacio del Rey, Satoshi Kashima, Pierre Gilles, Thanks to all session chairs and co-chairs for their valuable assitance in finalizing this general report.
Feature Rural roads
- Stormwater drainage techniques for unpaved roads in Mali - Cheick Oumar Diallo
- Improvement of rural access - Moroccan experience - Mohammed Bejrhit
- Managing rural road planning, maintenance and improvements in Benin - Isséré Joseph Dossou
- Maintenance strategies designed for Mali's rural road network - Dramane Diallo
- Optimal use of marginal materials in accordance with Spain's PG-3 standard - Álvaro Parrilla Alcaide, Áurea Perucho Martínez,
- A capital pavement preservation program for rural roads - The experience in Mohave County (USA) - Steven P. Latoski
- Chile's program dedicated to basic roads - Mario Anguita Medel, Claudio Aravena Ríos
- Study of technical solutions dedicated to maintaining el Salvador's unpaved road network - Edith Lorena Córdova Nativí, Marlon Orlando Cárcamo Reyes, Víctor Iván Orellana López
A capital pavement preservation program for rural roads - The experience in Mohave County (USA)
Illustrations © Mohave County Public Works
A new Capital Pavement Preservation Program (CPPP) guides project selection for the structural rehabilitation of Mohave County, Arizona paved roads approaching end of service life. The Program's innovative qualities lie in the technical basis of CPPP development, which employ practical and proven engineering methods to compute a new, singular measure of pavement structural stability using readily available County road asset data and nationally published soils data. It constitutes the base CPPP technical criterion for diligent pavement rehabilitation project selection under long-term CPPP administration. This article presents CPPP development and 2013 CPPP construction project delivery using a "smart" request for proposals process to establish a qualified products listing, by quality-based selection, on various pavement rehabilitation methods and treatment products to match project needs.