Forum for National Committees
Spolight on young professionals
- The Andorra 2014 Congress: A resounding success for the country and the entire Pyrenees region - David Palmitjavila
- General report of the 14th International Winter Road Congress held in Andorra - Didier Giloppé, Ignacio del Rey, Satoshi Kashima, Pierre Gilles, Thanks to all session chairs and co-chairs for their valuable assitance in finalizing this general report.
Feature Rural roads
- Stormwater drainage techniques for unpaved roads in Mali - Cheick Oumar Diallo
- Improvement of rural access - Moroccan experience - Mohammed Bejrhit
- Managing rural road planning, maintenance and improvements in Benin - Isséré Joseph Dossou
- Maintenance strategies designed for Mali's rural road network - Dramane Diallo
- Optimal use of marginal materials in accordance with Spain's PG-3 standard - Álvaro Parrilla Alcaide, Áurea Perucho Martínez,
- A capital pavement preservation program for rural roads - The experience in Mohave County (USA) - Steven P. Latoski
- Chile's program dedicated to basic roads - Mario Anguita Medel, Claudio Aravena Ríos
- Study of technical solutions dedicated to maintaining el Salvador's unpaved road network - Edith Lorena Córdova Nativí, Marlon Orlando Cárcamo Reyes, Víctor Iván Orellana López
Optimal use of marginal materials in accordance with Spain's PG-3 standard
Illustrations © Authors
Before 2002, when excavation materials obtained mainly from road construction cuts displayed subpar geotechnical performance, as intended in former Spanish Standard PG-3 (1975). These materials had previously been rejected and replaced by higher-quality materials generated from external quarries. Even though such materials are capable of providing satisfactory overall performance when used as fill, they often had to be discarded.