Forum for National Committees
Spolight on young professionals
- The Andorra 2014 Congress: A resounding success for the country and the entire Pyrenees region - David Palmitjavila
- General report of the 14th International Winter Road Congress held in Andorra - Didier Giloppé, Ignacio del Rey, Satoshi Kashima, Pierre Gilles, Thanks to all session chairs and co-chairs for their valuable assitance in finalizing this general report.
Feature Rural roads
- Stormwater drainage techniques for unpaved roads in Mali - Cheick Oumar Diallo
- Improvement of rural access - Moroccan experience - Mohammed Bejrhit
- Managing rural road planning, maintenance and improvements in Benin - Isséré Joseph Dossou
- Maintenance strategies designed for Mali's rural road network - Dramane Diallo
- Optimal use of marginal materials in accordance with Spain's PG-3 standard - Álvaro Parrilla Alcaide, Áurea Perucho Martínez,
- A capital pavement preservation program for rural roads - The experience in Mohave County (USA) - Steven P. Latoski
- Chile's program dedicated to basic roads - Mario Anguita Medel, Claudio Aravena Ríos
- Study of technical solutions dedicated to maintaining el Salvador's unpaved road network - Edith Lorena Córdova Nativí, Marlon Orlando Cárcamo Reyes, Víctor Iván Orellana López
The Andorra 2014 congress: a resounding success for the country and the entire Pyrenees region
Illustrations © Jordi Pujol and Sergi Pérez
Under the banner of "Winter Service in Times of Crisis", the 14th International Winter Road Congress came to a close in Andorra on February 7th 2014. The event's numbers underscore the level of interest generated within the road community across the world: 1,500 participants, 3,000 exhibition visitors, 250 article submissions, 140 papers selected, 180 posters. The success encountered during these four days of proceedings is also seen as a key milestone for both the Principality of Andorra, which for the first time hosted a professional gathering on such a scale, and the entire Pyrenees Region.