Forum for National Committees
Spotlight on young professionals
- Technical Committee D.5 Road Tunnel Operations: A Highly Active Community of Experts - Marc Tesson
- Effectiveness of Risk Mitigation Measures for Road Tunnels - Bernhard Kohl
- Safety Impact of the Physical and Fluid-Dynamic Lengths of a Tunnel - Lorenzo Domenichini, Salvatore Giua, Flavio Janeiro Caputo
- Provision for Persons with Reduced Mobility During a Tunnel Incident - Peter Bishop
- Influence of Activated Fixed Fire-Fighting Systems on User Behavior During Self-Evacuation - Ingo Kaundinya, Anne Lehan, Andreas Mühlberger
- LeanTech: How to Reduce the Ever-Increasing Equipment in Modern Road Tunnels ? - Urs Welte, Ingo Riess
- Air Velocities Permitted in Road Tunnels and Other Requirements for a Safe Escape Route in Case of Fire - Ronald Mante
- Alternative Fuels and the Future of Road Tunnels and Road Tunnel Design - Norris Harvey, Matt Bilson, Gary Clark
- LED Lighting in ASFINAG Road Tunnels - Alexander Wierer
Road Tunnel Operation and Safety The First International Conference in Lyon
The World Road Association is pleased to bring you this issue on road tunnels linked to the first international conference on this topic organized jointly by Technical Committee D.5 Road Tunnels Operations and the World Road Association French National Committee. This will take place in Lyon (France) between 3 and 5 October 2018.
The World Road Association plays a pioneering role in formulating recommendations on tunnel safety, as highlighted by the European Parliament and EU Council Directive on tunnels.