Spotlight on Young Professionals
- Efforts in MaaS Promotion in Japan - Satoshi Ueda, Shinji Itsubo
- The Road to Mobility as a Service - Siveshni Pillay,
- Guidelines to Develop MaaS Services in Italy - Francesco Lupi, Olga Landolfi
- Future of Transport Context in the UK - Steve Longman, Tim Forrester, James Elliott
- Singapore’s Expressways Management through ITS Solutions - Chandra Chandrasekar, Koh Wee Ping, Yeo Se Lay
Singapore’s Expressways Management through ITS Solutions
This paper aims to share Singapore’s experience in managing traffic condition along expressways using ITS. With technology advancement, various ITS systems were implemented along expressways /road to effectively optimise and manage traffic flow. These ITS systems collect valuable traffic data such as traffic volume, traffic speed, etc. through video analytics, and are integrated to provide various forms of use. Using these information, live infographics are developed to help officers in Operations Control Centre to efficiently pick up traffic incidents along expressways that may impede traffic flow, provide sense-making decisions on intervention measures needed, as well as reduce the workload of individual officers through the additional insights.