Spotlight on Young Professionals
- Efforts in MaaS Promotion in Japan - Satoshi Ueda, Shinji Itsubo
- The Road to Mobility as a Service - Siveshni Pillay,
- Guidelines to Develop MaaS Services in Italy - Francesco Lupi, Olga Landolfi
- Future of Transport Context in the UK - Steve Longman, Tim Forrester, James Elliott
- Singapore’s Expressways Management through ITS Solutions - Chandra Chandrasekar, Koh Wee Ping, Yeo Se Lay
Efforts in MaaS Promotion in Japan
In 2018, Japanese government positioned MaaS as a flagship project to drive the transformation toward the realization of "Society 5.0", a human-centered society that balances economic advancement with the resolution of social problems by a system highly integrating cyberspace and physical space (The 5th Science and Technology Basic Plan). In the government’s growth strategy "Future Investment Strategy 2018". Later, the realization of MaaS was set as an important pillar in the mobility field of the "Growth Strategy Action Plan" of 2019, and the Plan presented concrete projects and roadmaps related to MaaS. In this paper, we introduce the Japanese government’s approach to MaaS and describe MaaS for tourism promotion as a case study of Japanese version of MaaS.