Forum for National Committees
Spotlight on young professionals
- Introduction: Intelligent Transport Systems, myth vs. reality? - Martial Chevreuil
- Traffic management to support sustainable road mobility: ITS harmonization in Europe in the frame of EasyWay project - Philippe LEMOINE
- Traffic Scotland information service - A world leader in public traveller information - Peter Cullen, Graeme Scott
- The "eCall" system implemented at the European level in 2010 standardization, regulation and interoperability challenges - Jean Seng
- The trial and implementation of intelligent speed adaptation in New South Wales - John P. Wall
- The role of ITS in accompanying new types of mobility - Yannick DENIS
- An open system architecture model for electronic payments: a new paradigm for road pricing? - Jack Opiola
- Infrastructure-Vehicle Dialogue - T. Russell Shields
- V2V - Smarter cars, smarter roads, smarter future - Robert Maenz, Tobias Schendzielorz, Fritz Busch
An Open System Architecture Model for Electronic Payments: A New Paradigm for Road Pricing?
This article will discuss the benefits and challenges of using an open system for electronic payment for toll and road pricing schemes that will effectively increase customer acceptance, drive revenue, and produce new partnerships.