Spotlight on Young Professionals
Forum for National Committees
- The world is changing and so is PIARC!
- Valentina Galasso, the Passion for Change - Valentina Galasso
- Gloria Jeff, the First Female Executive Committee Member - Gloria Jeff
- Emma Lía Albrieu Cipollina, Chair of the Argentinian Road Association - Emma Lía Albrieu Cipollina
- Claudine Tremblay, From the Congress Experience to Communication - Claudine Tremblay
- Siveshni Pillay, the Taste for Intelligent Transport - Siveshni Pillay
- Caroline Mays, a Career Dedicated to Freight - Caroline Mays
- Wee Ping Koh, a Commitment for Multimodality - Wee Ping Koh,
- Imen Makhlouf, Transport and Energy Infrastructure Expert - Imen Makhlouf
- Anna Wildt-Persson, Strategy as a Motto - Anna Wildt-Persson
- Caroline Evans, Taking the Environment to Heart - Caroline Evans
Forum for national committees
The National Committee PIARC Slovenia
Slovenia is a member of the World road association PIARC since 1995. The Slovenian national committee (NC PIARC Slovenia – www.nc-piarc.si) was established a bit later, in 1999. The first initiator of Slovenia joining the PIARC community was Mr. Anton Šajna. At the time Mr. Šajna was the director of the Slovenian roads agency, the highest authority for roads in Slovenia. After transformation over the years, today we know it as the Slovenian infrastructure agency (SIA) and besides roads it now also manages investments in railways. It still remains the most important member for our national committee, other members being around 20 private companies, research institutes and universities, active in the Slovenian roads’ community. Its current president is Mrs. Ljiljana Herga and she also presides over the Executive committee (together with 10 other elected members, representatives of Slovenian companies) that operationally manages our national committee.