Spotlight on Young Professionals
Forum for National Committees
- XXVI World Road Congress, Abu Dhabi 2019 - Connecting Cultures, Enabling Economies - General Report
- Intelligent Controlled Compact Parking – Pilot Implementation of a New Parking Management for Trucks - Rainer Lehmann, Jens Dierke
- Development of Environment Friendly Cold Mix Asphalt - Keigo Hatakeyama, Kentaro Koshi, Tomoki Okamura
- Wider Economic Benefits of Transport Systems - How Norway is Working with it - James Odeck, Anne Kjerkreit
- Emergency Communications at the Forth Bridges - Chris Waite, Hugh Gillies
Emergency Communications at the Forth Bridges
Scotland’s Forth Bridges provide a pertinent case study on the use of web media and social networks to manage emergencies on an important transport link.
In June 2015 the Scottish Ministers, through their agency Transport Scotland, appointed a new Operating Company to take over the management and maintenance of the Forth Road Bridge. They chose to keep and evolve existing web-based communication channels in order to retain followers and capitalise on established trust and goodwill.